Implement solar protections on a building can be necessary in many geographical locations to avoid overheating and limit glare. Our engineering abilities enable us to design the best constructive building components integrating our photovoltaic technologies to meet this requirement.
A sun protection strategy is important to elaborate on a project when looking to :
- Limit solar gain to avoid overheating, and therefore discomfort, but also to limit the use of air conditioning;
- Control glare, for increased comfort of use;
The implementation of constructive solutions on the building envelope can be the right answer for these demands.
The easiest way is to install add-on accessories such as brises-soleil near the areas to be protected. As they are well oriented to the sun, we can therefore equip these accessories with our photovoltaic technologies as we did in these references. However, our cells can be also integrated directly into glazing, acting like mini sunshades. This integration has many advantages:
- No need of additional device to address this issue.
- Allowing greater freedom of architectural expression
- Fixing the problem directly with a tailor-made response, since we can judiciously place the cells
In both cases, our engineering ability and our know-how in creating tailor-made solutions enable us to design the most effective constructive solutions in terms of solar protection, and which also allow us to produce energy!
Different tools are used for simulations:
\ 3D modelling: Sketchup Pro, Rhino 3D, Lumion
\ Irradiance and solar gain analysis: BIM Solar
\ Daylight and sun protection analysis: DIVA, DL-Light